So we use basecamp A LOT or internal design communication, and cataloguing the random ideas that make life amazing. We use basecamp so much we’ve created around 212 projects in a little over 24 months.
A few of the better basecamp projects include titles such as:
- Brad’s really bad Venture ideas
- Captains log
- Sparc Skunkworks
Had a co-worker heading out to my old stomping ground of the South Bay of Los Angeles. Decided to make him a checklist in Basecamp of bars to visit. I give you “Where should Andrew drink in LA“.
FFFF (Fat Face Finners Fish Shack) Hermosa pier – boston bar
Henessys – upstairs roof bar, view of ocean, non-annoying irish bar
- any other bar with hot chicks. they all have them.
the beach house – bottom of the main street towards the water, go to the upstairs bar. fancy pants but the view of the ocean is killer.
simmzy’s – next to starbucks, great burger and beer selection, crowded
Ercoles – EPIC shithole, cash only, don’t get in a fight. http://www.yelp.com/biz/ercol%C3%A9s-manhattan-beach-3
Get a bike – ride around. stop at every bar you pass. good luck.
- sharks cove – shithole. has beer
OBs pub – I use to live in this place. $1 jello shots, amazing bar food. go here when hung over for food: http://www.yelp.com/biz/obs-pub-and-grill-manhattan-beach
- Panchos – cadillac margaritas & cougars
- POW (prince of whales) – there is NO reason to go to Playa, but if you do this place is an epic shithole. think a much less clean version of Maga Rua without the irish theme.
- Never really went drinking in Venice, it’s a freakshow, don’t go.
- Najia’s – has 500 beers with about 30 on draft. Visit before the sun sets our you’ll be part of a mexican knife fight. really.
and there is my favorite part about where I work, the culture.